TU Darmstadt is looking for several excellent, motivated, and self-driven students to conduct research in Beyond-5G Millimeter wave (mmWave) communication at TU Darmstadt, one of the top engineering schools in Germany. The candidates will join the wireless communication group in SEEMOO lab (https://www.seemoo.tu-darmstadt.de) headed by Prof.Dr. Matthias Hollick.
• Physical/MAC layer security in mmWave networks
• mmWave for V2X communication
• Resilient mmWave communication for industry 4.0
• Joint communication and sensing for Beyond 5G networks
The project broadly focuses on Beyond-5G mmWave cellular networks. We expect the candidates to possess at least one of the following expertise in the context of wireless communications:
• Physical layer security
• Applied machine learning techniques
• Physical layer multicast
• SDR-based wireless prototyping
• Joint communication, sensing, and localization
• Excellent track record in Master/Bachelor degree (Electrical engineering, computer science and/or mathematics) from top universities
• Strong analytical and implementation skills
• Strong programming skills (C, C++, MATLAB, Python, etc)
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Experience with software defined radio is a plus
• Very competitive salary Level E13 (~EUR 45000 gross) in a top German university.
• Access to customized professional skill trainings.
• Financial support for publishing and presenting results at leading international conferences.
We encourage only the highly qualified individuals meeting the above-mentioned requirement to visit our application page (https://seemoo.tu-darmstadt.de/careers/) to apply for the corresponding position. The positions will remain open until filled. Please provide the following in one PDF file:
• A cover letter in which you explicitly state your topic of interest, the research plan, and why do you find yourself a suitable candidate for this topic (max. 800 words).
• Resume/CV showing the applicant’s educational and research background, professional skills, a list of publications, and the name of two references
• Transcripts for Bachelor and Master degrees
• We will directly ask your references for their recommendation. Please do not send the recommendation letter directly to us.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be informed of their application status via email.
• For further questions, please contact Dr. Arash Asadi (firstname.lastname@example.org). Note that due to a large number of applications, we typically cannot accommodate individual feedback and application status update.